Tuesday 6 November 2012

Worried

I've just poured myself a glass of wine. I need to calm my nerves.

I had a call from the hospital today, it seems that my CT scan is clear but for one area which has a question mark over it.

My left ovary has an enlarged cyst on it. Nothing unusual for a lot of women to get cysts on the ovaries but because I've recently had cancer the medical peeps are going investigate further.

It's probably non cancerous, but I have that nagging thought that it could be. The MDT are meeting on Friday to discuss the findings. The likeliest outcome is another operation. Hopefully just day surgery then a biopsy on the cyst.

I would appreciate if everyone could keep their fingers, toes and eyes crossed that the results are good.

I'm not ready for another battle.

Hayley x

8 comments:

  1. I have everything crossed for you hunnie, and so does Harry xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Hayley. Keep strong like you have done in the past you are an amazing young lady and I will be keeping everything crossed for you. Keep us posted when you can how things are. Not been on twitter over the past few days much so trying to catch up on how everyone is doing. Stay strong. Hugs and Cuddles x Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing everything for you Haley. FWIW I found a lump on a testicle a few months after having a kidney tumour removed in 2008. Like you I put two and two together and, as it transpired, made 5 - it turned out to be an epididymal cyst - but the joy and relief I felt when the sonographer told me that was greater than at any previous point in my recovery from cancer. I hope that you experience the same joy for yourself in a few days time. God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley, there are a deal of people collectively unable to walk a straight line,in fact looking rather like penguins in urgent need of the loo with legs and toes crossed , and learning new tricks on how to type cross fingered, all praying all is well for you
    You are a special courageous person with a lot of friends supporting you, stay strong x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry - can understand your worry & anxiety Not surprising.
    One 'advantage' of having had Ca is that every lump and bump is thoroughly investigated "in view of your history".
    I've had many false alarms over last 30yrs

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fingers will be crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I stumbled on your blog today and had just read the first one, and the latest. How are you? Sometimes, a large cyst in the ovary just means your period is due. Don't stress too much. I have polycystic ovaries, and that means a lot of large cysts everytime.

    ReplyDelete